100% admissions to the B.Tech Programme would be made on the basis of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education. Admission to 85% of the total seats (50% Uttarakhand and 35% All India) would be made through State level counselling to be conducted by Uttarakhand Technical University, DehraDun. Counselling is done on the merit based on ranks obtained by the candidate in Joint Entrance Examination.
Reservation policy would be applicable as per the State Govt norms. 15% Management admissions are done directly by the Institute based on the merit of JEE. For management category admissions, candidates need to register in the Institute.
The application for admission to graduate and post-graduate programs under general and self sponsored categories may be made only on the prescribed format and sent to the Admissions Coordinator at the institute. The application form can either be collected from the institute or downloaded from here.
Rules & Regulations
- Admission is usually based on the minimum cut-off percentage fixed by the institute with overall weightage and personal interview of the candidate/ group discussion in case of M.I.B.
- The candidate is required to produce original certificates, documents, character certificates, statements of requisite percentage of marks of the qualifying examination at the time of reporting for admission, failing which he/ she may not be interviewed and barred to complete the admission formalities.
- No candidate shall be admitted unless he/she has completed all the eligibilities at the time of admission.
- The institute requires a minimum of 75% attendance to allow a candidate to appear for the semester/Annual exams, as per the university regulations.
- Fees once deposited by a student shall neither be returned nor adjusted under any circumstances.
- The institute shall not be responsible in any manner for the postal delays.
- Consuming liquor, smoking and consuming tobacco, pan masala and drugs etc. is completely banned in the institute premises.
- Students shall have to abide by the rules and regulations enforced from time to time by the institute/ university.
- Deserving students may be entitled to scholarships and reservation in admission according to the institute, state and university norms.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the institute management will be final.